Driving Lessons & Social Distancing
As we cannot keep social distance during driving lessons we will respond and implement the guidelines given to us by the government to ensure we reduce the risk of spreading the Covid 19 virus.
Currently our driving instructors have been directed to implement the following.
- Lessons must not go ahead if either the student or driving instructor has any symptoms relating to Covid 19 or have been in contact with anybody within the last 10 days that have had the Covid 19 symptoms. Covid test results may be required.
- The student will be asked to wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to leaving the home and entering the vehicle for driving lessons.
- Driving Instructor and student to use hand sanitiser before lesson starts and during driving lesson.
- Cockpit controls and interior to be cleaned before each lesson and student entering the vehicle, using antibacterial/ anti virus wipes or spray and disposed of into a sealed plastic bag. (particular attention to cleaning the following, steering wheel, indicator, wiper and other control stems, interior mirror, keys, internal door handles, arm rests, gear stick, window control buttons, seat belt including buckle & clasp, sun visors, hand brake, seat & steering wheel adjustment leavers/controls, heating controls & dash board.)
- Windows and air vents to be open to improve ventilation within the vehicle where possible.
- Face coverings may be worn at the discretion of the pupil and driving instructor. If the government announce that Face Coverings are mandatory then we will need to enforce this rule.
Safety within our vehicles is our top priority and we apologies if these actions offend or upset anyone.
Thank you for your understanding during these difficult times.
Unless Covid 19 related as per above, cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before the time of the lesson to the instructor or the lesson fee will be charged.
If covid related test results may be requested by the instructor.
The Driving Instructor can reserve the right to cancel lessons if the pupil is not fit to drive due to safety reasons.
The Driving Instructor will reserve the right to withdraw the car from test without notice should the pupil not be up to test standard due to safety reasons.
The Driving Instructor will advise the pupil when appropriate to book the practical test.
Special Offers / Beginners packages
- All Special Offers are subject to the discretion of Smart Drive UK.
- First Lesson saving up to 50% given to pupils as part part of a two hour lesson. This is given to pupils who have some previous driving experience but not to full licence holders. This can not be taken in conjunction with the beginners starter packages.
- First Lesson (Saving up to 50%) is for pupils with some experience and is added to a a fully paid hour lesson or block booking. Eg The lesson will be a 2 hour lesson if paying as you go or the initial block of 10 hours will be 11 hours.
- Starter packages are for pupils who have had no previous driving experience at all.
- 5 hour beginner starter package will be taken as 2 x 2 hour lessons and the remaining one hour held back for hour taken during the test itself.
- All starter packages, 10 hour block bookings and Intensive bookings are purchased as a complete package deal and therefore no part refunds are given for any hours not taken or cancelled by the pupil.
The Driving Instructor
Is a self-employed independent driving instructor. All lessons booked direct with him/her and introduced through Smart Drive UK constitute an agreement between himself/herself (The Instructor) and the pupil.
All payments are made direct to the independent driving instructor and any refunds will be made from the independent driving instructor. The Driving Instructor can reserve the right to cancel lessons if the pupil is not fit to drive due to safety reasons
Block Bookings/ Intensive Courses
Must be paid for in advance otherwise normal hourly rate will apply. Block Bookings and Intensive Courses are purchased as a complete package and no part refunds will be given for hours not taken.
Theory And Practical Tests
Can only be taken by holders of a Provisional Driving Licence holders.
We reserve the right to cancel the Lesson if the pupil is deemed to be unfit for driving due to alcohol, drugs or other medical reasons that may affect the safety to others.
We reserve the right to withdraw our cars for tests without notice should the pupil prove not to be up to test standard.
We can not be held responsible for postponements of lessons due to illness or mechanical breakdown, nor for driving tests postponed by the Driving Vehicle and Standards Agency.